Growth Mindset

A picture of a brain with text (Image Source)



I hadn't heard of Carol Dweck work or the growth mindset before this and I found her process very insightful, I thought the grade of "Not yet" very interesting metric of grading in terms of allowing the student to not feel as if they had completely failed or run out of options.
The studies that she also quoted was also interesting too as it gives insight on how words such as "yet" and "not yet " could have a significant impact on confident and engages more learning outcomes.


I could differently see myself trying to the growth mindset utilize this way of thinking into my college work, I think there are many benefits of this technique and will encourage me to take a different approach and not to give up when I don't receive the desired outcome.
in terms of implementing this into other aspects of my life, I think I will change the way I perceive failure.


I've learnt many new things about my own learning whilst at TU such as how to properly dividing my time between each module and finding the right balance between college and personal life. The biggest learning challenge was working in part of a team and getting used to their work methods.

I would definitely be interested in learning more about the growth mindset this semester, Carol Dweck has written numerous book on the mindset and growth mindset and I think it something that I will be adding to my reading list help clarify certain aspects of the technique







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Design Document

First playable

Game Vision Statement